Media Buyer (New York City)
2 - 3 Years Experience Required
Do You Live (Eat, Breath and Dream) for advertisers, placing their well being above all other concerns and work every day with the goal of exceeding their expectations?
Join our team of Media Buyers (Market Specialists) who employ this belief system and through rigorous, insightful training and brutal honesty work to be the best they can be in the business.
Your passion, vision and enthusiasm is infectious and inspiring. You hold the highest standards for your work and never settle. If this is you – join us!
What You Will Do To Succeed:
- Possess Direct Results’ core values:
○ Proactivity/Leadership – Leading rather than following. Developing action rather than reaction. Researching, planning and setting a course to success.
○ Enthusiasm – With this attitude, one believes they can accomplish anything. Enthusiasm is motivation to do all that you can for the best possible outcome. Enthusiasm is attractive and contagious.
○ Adaptability/Open Mindedness – Adaptability encourages us to operate with an open mind. Assess the landscape and Learn from each other. Adaptability leads to shifts and changes that develop positive outcomes..
○ Collaboration – Success is rooted in the ability to work jointly towards a shared goal. Collaboration is teamwork, requiring active, open participation AND active listening. ○ Engagement – Everyday, Refresh, Renew and be committed to the goal. Focus each action on the best possible outcome. Be true to the goal and pure in the intentions.
- Media Management:
○ Effectively manage each market you are assigned under the direction of the Associate Media Director
○ Leverage available media research to improve buying strategies
○ Utilize radio buying software to produce and maximize media budgets
○ Aggressively negotiate Remnant and Traditional Audio Spot and Network rates ○ Place Podcast, Streaming (Digital) Audio, Remnant, Traditional and Network broadcast media campaigns
○ Approve station invoices and reconcile discrepancies
- Client Management:
○ Strategize with our Account Management team
○ Assist Account Managers set client appropriate campaign goals and key performance indicators
○ Identify and create value-added packages to improve client plans
○ Track client budgets and results
○ Client reporting
What we think You will Need to Succeed:
- 2-3 years of Direct Response, Traditional and Network Media Buying experience ● Familiarity with buying software such as Strata
- Attention to detail and display excellent organizational skills
- Ability to interface effectively with senior agency management and client personnel ● Motivated to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration
- “Self-starter”, ability to prioritize workloads
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college/university – degree in Marketing, Advertising preferred You’ll Make an Impact by:
- Working with others as a team player.
- Developing sensible media strategies based on understanding of Direct Response and Traditional marketing and advertising.
- Paying attention to detail and offering thoughtful answers to questions which arise, while confidently making independent decisions towards designing and implementing optimally resulting media buys.
With Whom You’ll Partner:
Report to our Associate Media Director and Account Managers
What You Can Expect:
- The opportunity to grow the agency and yourself.
- Establishing a presence outside your team.
- A place that cares about your personal goals just as much as your work.
About Direct Results
Direct Results’ customized audio advertising campaigns precisely match advertisers with key consumers empowering them to take immediate action. We do it with a state-of-the-art proprietary database application identifying broadcasters by 72 psychographics and lifestyle characteristics. The application catalogs all historic ROI data allowing DIRECT RESULTS to effectively pinpoint the target consumer. We specialize in “everything audio” and work in virtually every category including: health, beauty, diet, financial, business opportunity, entertainment, retail, political, travel, B to B and others.